Membership

Woodrow, John (Parramatta) John.Woodrow@pil.com.au
Thu Jul 22 18:31 MDT 1999

Jay Mercier wrote:
>No place to store the accumulating journals   :-)

No need either, you can find a very informative database on the PTG
archives
online.  : )

Jay,
You make the point that why $50 or $100 for membership of the PTG and
the Journal when a $9 advertisement in a newspaper and the 'free' PTG
archives gets you everything you need.  The fallacy of this logic is
that the archives and this list are not free.  The archives and this
very list that you are now reading are the efforts of the PTG, its
members, and its finances.  IMO, those who take advantage of this
valuable resource should contribute to maintaining the resource.

The primary reason that I hold IC membership of the PTG is so that I can
use this and other valuable PTG resources and not feel that I am some
sort of foreign freeloader.  IMO, only PTG members (being those who are
prepared to put their money foreword) should have access to this list
and the archives.

John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia
ICMPTG