Membership

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu Jul 22 14:03 MDT 1999

At 11:56 AM 7/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Jon,
>Just catching up on some old messages.  Glad to hear you're finally
>applying for membership.  But I don't buy your excuse about no desire
>for social interaction.

That wasn't my excuse, just a possible one for someone.
i like getting together with piano techs.

>You have already disproved that to me
>personally by acting as my chauffeur around Cape Cod, and you happen
>to be one of the more friendly (read social) members of the List.
>Many people in this part of the country have to drive hours to get to
>meetings.  With the ferry ride and then commute on either side, it
>sometimes takes me over 2 hours each way to get to ours.  I was on our
>exec. board for 8 years and served as President for three.    Where
>there's a will there's a way.   We welcome you Jon, for you have a lot
>to offer, but never think you have no room for learning.  (But, I know
>you know that already)

The list is a great place to pick up tidbits of info as well as conventions.
I just can't take the time off to travel great distances.  :-(

Presently I am overwhelmed with spec pianos and contract work and
my helpers are taking days off left and right. Will I ever get caught up?
Hopefully not.

Thanks for the post,

Jon