Key Lead removal

Del Gittinger delgit@acc-net.com
Mon Jun 7 07:07 MDT 1999

I have replaced the wippens made of space age material (plastic) plus =
new shanks and hammers in this Tokai grand. The piano has an immense =
amount of lead in the keys and I can't get any kind of decent touch =
weight - very low upweight.  I figure I should remove the leads and =
start from scratch.

I carefully matched the Renner style wippens and the knuckle placement =
on the shanks.  The new wippen heels are about 3/16" smaller than the =
original therefore I've had to raise the capstans which I've polished =
and applied Prolube.

        Del
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Vince Mrykalo <Vince@byu.edu>
    To: caut@ptg.org <caut@ptg.org>
    Date: Saturday, June 05, 1999 9:59 PM
    Subject: Re: Key Lead removal
   =20
    Do tell, why are you removing all the leads from the entire set of =
keys?
   =20
    At 02:46 PM 6/5/99 -0400, you wrote:=20
   =20
        Does anyone have a quick and efficient method of removing key =
leads from an entire set of keys?
       =20
       =20
        Del Gittinger, RPT
        Del's Music Studio
        Marion, OH
        Piano Tuning & Service
        Electronic Instrument repairs including organs
        delgit@acc-net.com
       =20
   =20
   =20