John Cage Performance

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Fri Jun 25 08:55 MDT 1999

Dear John,

I have no experience in this area.  However, let me recommend a video by
Alan Eder, RPT, called "Non-Traditional Piano Use".

The video is $44.00 (when I got it last year)

Alan Eder, RPT
School of Music
California Institute of the Arts
24700 Mc Bean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355

I don't have a phone number for Alan Eder.

With proper preparation, there should be no problems with the piano.  As
far as what constitutes proper preparation, someone else with experience
should answer that question!

Good luck,
David

At 09:33 AM 6/25/99 , you wrote:
>We have a pianist performing John Cage, "Sonata and Interludes for
>Prepared Piano" and wonder if we should be keep a close watch on his prep.
>

>John Minor
>University of Illinois

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri
dkvander@clandjop.com

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/

#pianotech page:

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

Web page for the Joplin Community Concert Association

http://www.concerts.joplin.com