Yamaha loan program...

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Jun 29 14:04 MDT 1999

>The WSU School of Music is currently entering the first year of a "loan
>program" with the local Yamaha dealership.
>
>The ten pianos for this year were delivered three weeks ago.
>
>The dealer called yesterday asking that all the benches for those pianos be
>returned to the dealership as they had been sent out with the pianos by
>mistake.
>
>I don't know about other institutions but, here at WSU, we have a definite
>bench shortage (!) and I'm wondering whether benches are normally excluded
>from these loan programs.
>
>If your institution is involved in such a loan program,
>do you get the use of the benches as well, or does the dealer retain them??
>

>Regards,
>
>Alan Crane, RPT
>School of Music
>Wichita State University
>crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu

of course you should have the benches.  what is the dealer going to do with
them?

we have a loan program with baldwin and the benches are always included.
if fact, they supplied a couple of artist benches with the grands.  the
dealer is trying to nickel and dime you, what will they want next?  the
casters?

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429