Yamaha loan program...

Richard E. West rwest@unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Jun 29 14:56 MDT 1999

Alan:

As Scott said the benches do get pretty beat up and that makes the piano
sale more difficult at the end of the term.  Our Yamaha dealer spent
$300 - $400 refinishing the bench tops.  In our contract we are willing
to pay up to $200 for wear and tear, so that left the dealer with $200
to pay out of his own pocket.  To accomodate the dealer who has treated
us fairly well over the years, we decided that we would take the pianos
without benches next year.  Although we don't have a lot of benches
here, we'll be okay.  If there's nothing formal written down about your
problem, you may be stuck.  It might be a good opportunity to go to the
administration and put in a request for a bunch of new benches.  It
sounds like you could use them anyway.  Good luck.  The economy may be
flourishing, but it seems like the institutions of higher learning
aren't benefitting.

Richard West