Archival problems? (was Re: S & S capo)

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri Mar 5 23:29 MST 1999

[Read below the initial personal venting for the 'meat']

A digression from the main subject. The thread quoted below adds more
validity to the need for a fast archival retrieval system, aka CD-ROM! Even
if you know a given article exists, and providing you have all the
magazines, how many hours/days could you devote to finding the desired
information?  Of the indexes we've had in the past, keyword importance is
left to the [human] compiler's discretion, and is therefore of questionable
value for more intensive reading/research. A (fast?) global search,
_regardless_ of word choice is what is needed. Hypertext with B-tree
indexing are my favorites, but it looks like we're tooling for an HTML
style "reader" at the moment, with some sort of index.

Now that I've vented, back to the original thread. Perhaps one/more of the
following references will help:
1) Rebuilding, restringing, dressing the capo bar | Gravagne | PTJ 5/1/93 p24
2) Repair, capo bar heat treating | Forum/Matt Grossman | PTJ 8/1/84 p14
3) Rebuilding, pressure bar, adjustable capo bar | Forum/Krefting | 7/1/81 p7
4) Repair, capo bar profile | Forum/E. McMenow | PTJ 12/1/84 p14

Sorry for the interruption! You'll now be return to your regularly
scheduled... whatever.

At 10:52 AM 2/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Horace wrote about the proper treatment being to "case harden" the capo. I
>remember reading about this possibility about 15 years ago in the PTJ
>(Krefting was editing then), but haven't been able to locate the article
>in years since. Maybe it was in the one or two issues I've misplaced.

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net
Docs? We don't need no steenkin' docs!