Fortepiano purchase

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Mon Mar 8 19:20 MST 1999

List,

Hot on the heels of the talk about not discussing buying pianos (I have been
leaning against discussing this in the list) -

 I have to submit a report for one university which includes a fortepiano
purchase recommendation  - or at least a discussion about available
fortepianos.  I have not had near the contact with the fortepiano as many of
you have had (I have passed from the "I can't stand them" phase to the "These
things are fantastic, I don't know what I could have been thinking (but I hate
tuning them)" phase;  some of you are past that to the "Let someone else worry
about fortepianos" phase, but I hope that some of you experienced fortepiano
techs or builders have some knowledge to share regarding the current
fortepiano situation which might help in my report.   Thanks!

Bill Shull
U of Redlands, La Sierra U
Loma Linda, CA