Baldwin D Dampers

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Mon Mar 8 18:39 MST 1999

List,
        I'm needing to order damper felt for this 1946 Baldwin D and am
writing for your input.  I used Pianotek's Yapanese felt on the last one I
did. It worked OK, but I had to cut into the trichord dampers and add a
piece of thread/chord to spread them enough to dampen the outer strings, and
then of course they were so far into the strings they needed to be trimmed.
I'm wondering if using felt from Baldwin would be the way to go (do they
come pre-cut, with the backing already on like Steinway?), or do you have
another option/preference to consider?  Thanks for your input.

Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu