RE Advice on Action Parts

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Thu Mar 25 21:08 MST 1999

                      Subject:                              Time:  10.53 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         RE Advice on Action Parts             Date:  3/25/99

This thread, I believe, has interest and value for most of us. I had actually planned to bring it up in the CAUT presentation I am giving in Kansas City on the constuction of a second action for a Steinway "D". We can talk about why key ratio varies so much in Steinways (it is an inevitable part of their production scheme) and how to get the longer hammers from Steinway for their "D's" (the longer hammer has been available for several years for the smaller pianos).

See you in Kansas City??    Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory