Teflon bushings

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue Jan 4 14:07 MST 2000

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> If you are going to have to deal with teflon for the foreseeable ten
> years I would break for the set of reamers, from you budget not your
> pocket.

Precisely why I haven't sprung for them to date - it would have been
from my pocket, for only one customer (even if it is a university music
department, where it actually matters, I do get tired of subsidizing the
place. After 15 years, I am now staff - benefits - and have a budget.
But it's a small budget, and I have to make it stretch). The other
reason I haven't purchased them is skepticism - are the quality and
results worth it? I guess from what I am hearing they are. (Actually, I
don't find it necessary to do that much pinning on these teflon actions
- once they are satisfactory, they stay that way a long time. They _do_
wear well).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico