piano storage

David Forman daveforman@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 04:49 MST 2000

List,
We have a Steinway D that will be stored until funds
become available for a rebuild. Plans are now to store
it on it's side, and it might be in storage for up to
two years. My question is: will storing a piano on
it's side for two years damage it in any way? Are
there any precautions that we should take, other than
the usual climate control? Any and all advice is
welcome.
Dave Forman
Westminster Choir College of Rider University