piano storage

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu Jan 13 09:48 MST 2000

Hi David,

Nothing will go wrong if you store it properly.

The best is to have a skid board underneath it.  What I have done is
to make a set of two boxes, strong ones, about 1/4" higher than my
dolly and about as wide as the height of the rim and about 75% of that
in the final dimension.

Put the piano where you want it and slip one box at the key board end
so it does not touch the lid and the other at the other end well
inside the curve of the back of the rim and lift the piano high enough
to remove the dolly.  THe piano will be safe and it is easy to get it
back on the dolly.

One box I used to pivot the piano over onto or off the dolly when
moving a piano.  The box can also hold hammers, and other tools need
to take down a piano and hold the stuff while in transit.  Give me
three kids and I can move any piano anywhere with this setup.  All
safe and secure.

Of course my living room need some decoration so...

		Newton