benches

Paul Kupelian kupelian@Oswego.EDU
Thu Jan 20 09:05 MST 2000

>  If it's another popular make of artist
> bench, I haven't yet figured out how to get those from rocking once they
> start.

I have several of the 'other' popular brand that I have to adjust from
time to time.  BTW the room humidity that I am in is presently at
22%.  Can you say 'cracked soundboards'. Thank God for Dampp-chasers.
But I digress.

One thing that I have found in addition to making sure that all of the
hardware in the mechanism is tight, is to loosen the hex nut on the
adjusting knobs and push the knobs in and retighten the hex nuts. This
procedure should take up the slack and eliminate the side play.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Kupelian, RPT
Tyler Hall