humidity and unisons

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu Jul 20 12:24 MDT 2000

> Are soundboards installed badly in all pianos?

Probably. Too few are installed in strictly controlled
conditions and many are just not designed properly.  As Del
about this sometime when you have lots of time.

Bridge roll is determined by putting a thread along side the
longest rib and observing the gap between thread and board.
This can be done in several places.  If the gap is a nice
curve then there is no roll.  If the gap closes on one side
of the bridge then there is a problem which likely started
at installation.

		Newton