Dampp-Chaser systems in university pianos

John Baird JBairdRPT@compuserve.com
Mon Jul 31 10:35 MDT 2000

Millikin University recently had a terrible high humidity problem (90º RH)
in the old part of their remodeled and expanded facility. The architects
and heating contractors are working on a solution, but meanwhile we are
concerned about our 41 new Steinways and Bostons.

Have any of you installed Dampp-Chaser systems in teaching studios? What is
your experience?

One CAUT member I just called said he has pretty much abandoned the ones
they had because faculty did not maintain them.

Thanks for any advice,

John Baird
Decatur, Illinois