Dampp-Chaser systems in university pianos

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Mon Jul 31 12:16 MDT 2000

John:

I'm not a big Damp-chaser user as our climate seems to be pretty benign.  Why not just install the DE-humidifier part and the humidistat.  That would take care of the high humidity and doesn't require any maintenance.

dave

On 7/31/00 at 12:33 PM John Baird wrote:

>Millikin University recently had a terrible high humidity problem (90º RH)
>in the old part of their remodeled and expanded facility. The architects
>and heating contractors are working on a solution, but meanwhile we are
>concerned about our 41 new Steinways and Bostons.
>
>Have any of you installed Dampp-Chaser systems in teaching studios? What is
>your experience?
>
>One CAUT member I just called said he has pretty much abandoned the ones
>they had because faculty did not maintain them.
>
>Thanks for any advice,
>
>John Baird
>Decatur, Illinois

David M. Porritt