Dampp-Chaser systems in university pianos

Mon Jul 31 15:02 MDT 2000

John Baird,
At 12:33 07/31/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Have any of you installed Dampp-Chaser systems in teaching studios? What is
>your experience?

I have Dampp-Chasers in _every_ teaching studio and in most practice room
grands.

>One CAUT member I just called said he has pretty much abandoned the ones
>they had because faculty did not maintain them.

Surprise, surprise - I could make a snide comment, but something is keeping
me back...

During the school year I have a student worker come in early mornings,
twice a week to check and fill the blinkers.  During the breaks I do it
myself - which also gives me a good chance to check wicks, etc.

©Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely,
and tomorrow a search party is starting.