August Forster Service Manual

Ray Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Mon Mar 27 11:33 MST 2000

Does anyone know how to obtain a service manual for August Forster?  I have
one that needs regulation and voicing in the next few months.  It appears
that the damper lift is quite excessive both with the pedal and during play.
I'm wondering if they have unusual specifications.  This piano is less than
10 years old, but is very uneven and its hammers are rough, like they've
never been filed.  Does anyone else have any experience or opinions on the
August Forster?  BTW this is a grand about 6'3".

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL