M$ Word

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sun Nov 19 21:17 MST 2000

David,

Below are my 'comments' from an email response to a Eudora survey. It more
or less sums everything up. In addition, and like you, I have early
pianotech archives stored in various sub-folders. I quit storing and
unsubscribed when the p'tech list became "less technical", shortly after
the BYU hosting terminated. That's a different story. However, even with my
folder hierarchy, Eudora's find routine was -primitive-. The search has
finally improved in 4.3.2 though.

[begin partial email response to Qualcomm]
"Thank you for providing free space for comments. I don't want a
subscription to anything.
Eudora Lite did not influence my purchase of Eudora Pro. I didn't like
Lite. I don't like 'Pro' either -- I tolerate it. I don't like the name of
the software. I hid the box so I wouldn't have to see the ugly logo, but it
still shows up on my screen during the painfully slow loading. I do like
the 'Qualcomm' corporate name though!

I purchased the 'Pro' version for a couple of reasons. One, because it had
MAPI links to other software that I -do- like. Two, I read where the
interface and functionality had improved in v4.0. They were wrong. I was
wrong. I'm still learning...why can't you?"
[end quoted material]

In case my response to Eudora sounds cynical, that's by design. It comes
with the turf for Newton and I. <grin>