Six new Steinway legs for sale, cheap

John Baird jbaird@fgi.net
Mon Nov 20 08:41 MST 2000

We have finished installing the short legs and Renner casters on our two
new Steinway Bs, so the original standard legs, sockets and casters are
available.  These
legs are for Steinway Bs or Ds. You would need to check with Steinway if
these are adaptable to other models. These six legs are in perfect
condition as these
pianos were delivered new last December 1999. The only things not
included are:

1) The lock plates--I had to remove them to use on our new short legs.
You can of course use the ones from your old legs.
2) 3 of the 4 brass screws holding the caster sockets--the new sockets
require only 3 screws, so I was able to leave you one screw per socket.

Although we will likely be happy with just about any reasonable offer, I
would like to give an idea of the value of what we have here. These
prices are from the
Steinway Parts Price List:

026611  EA LEG W/O HDW EBONY FIN B & D         274.00
008760  EA CASTER BRASS                     B, D & K      34.00
008739  EA CASTER SOCKETS FOR 8760                     4.00

TOTAL - one
leg                                                              312.00
TOTAL - six legs (not including shipping)  6 @ $312 = $1,872.00

I am certain our administrator will accept an offer for a fraction of
this amount that is not unreasonable. Just for kicks, test us with an
unreasonably low offer!

Please check with your administrators. When they are figuring the total
amount for this, please have them include an amount for shipping (I
don't have an estimate for

UPS) and $130 for packaging and handling. The legs and casters are now
in the two original cartons that the short legs came in. To ship them
UPS I would have to
modify (enlarge) the cartons and take them to UPS. It would take some
doing. If a staff person or student from your university were passing
through Decatur, these expenses could be avoided.

John Baird, RPT
Millikin University
Decatur, Illinois
jbaird@fgi.net