Joubert

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon Nov 20 04:02 MST 2000

Don writes:
>>In the absence
of contact with the artist I decided that ET would be the safe bet--as he
had tried the piano and found it accepteable in ET.
I just wanted to try to go that *extra* mile.<<

Greetings,
    This is the smart thing to do.  If the pianist is not accustomed to a
change of temperament,  it will often throw them for a loop.  This is
Definitely NOT a thing to do on stage. It can have as large an effect as
changing the regulation between rehearsal and performance.  That "extra mile"
can be an "alien invasion" if the artist is not prepared.  Music played on
well tempered pianos feels differently than on equally tempered one, at
least, according to my customers.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT