THUD

John D. Chapman chapmajd@wfu.edu
Thu Nov 23 17:54 MST 2000

Ron,
I did check the rep window felt, but will double check the action rails.
The thud is a percussive slap heard to some extent behind all piano
attack, but very pronounced in these four notes above a forte blow.  I
might also say that in addition to the thud being more pronounced for
notes 50-53, the rest of the piano's tone for those four notes is weaker.
John

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Ron
Torrella