Metric / American Standard gauges

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 24 18:40 MST 2000

>the wire. Do you know how American Standard gauges relate to Metric? Roger
>posted that Mertic is .0005 thinner than Imperial. O.K.! Thats 5 ten
>thousandths. Right? And Imperial relates to American Standard?  I could
>measure the wire witha Metric mic, and end my confusion.
Hi Dan,
            Get your self a digital caliper, you will love it, press the
button for mm.
I no longer have to squint, and add 25,50 or 75, to some thing that I have
difficulty reading.  Hell I only have 10 fingers.
It is a lot faster to use, and almost dummy proof.
I think BSWG and AS are the same.
Today I checked the complete set of Roslau and Mapes wire today, the german
wire was .0005" thinner on each gauge.
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.