Harpsichord string breakage

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue Nov 28 14:20 MST 2000

Stephen,
	Can you expound just a bit about phosphor bronze? What don't you like
about it? Sound? Something else? If one were to change existing phosphor
bronz for something else, what would you recommend (preferably with the
same diameters, to avoid a lot of figuring)? Would "spring brass" work
okay? What would be the expected difference in sound?
	Mostly just curious, though I may have a harpsichord or two under my
sporadic care that has such wire.
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico