Harpsichord string breakage

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue Nov 28 14:23 MST 2000

Just a quick opinion that it would be very strange for bad wire to break
at the nut, especially two new pieces installed in the same place. Much
more likely at the tuning pin, where stress is highest. I'd look
carefully at the nut, the angle the string leaves the nut for the tuning
pin, and general stringing technique. I might also call the maker at
this point, and ask if others have had your problem.
Fred Sturm