Friction in leather keybushings

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu Aug 23 16:33 MDT 2001

Hi Ed,

The problem is not the leather but the keypin.  It is corroded,
microscopically!  Take some Flitz and polish those pins then lubricate the pins
with a teflon spray dry lubricant.  Also lubricate the leather wit the same
stuff.  This will solve the problem until the corrosion  builds back up again,
about five years or so.

Try it and let me know.

		Newton