B.Y.O.B. party

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Tue Aug 28 21:26 MDT 2001

And don't forget that duplex section, which zings just like a grand ...

The impact tuning lever is my sole weapon in this war, (if you
don't count sheer stubbornness) but even that gets old. I try
standing up, sitting down, and now and then change back to the
normal hammer, which I put on the pin, and tap like Jim Coleman, Sr.
showed in his tuning class. It seems that the variety helps some.
The trick, I agree, is to make the smallest possible changes, so that the
rebound isn't such a problem ... and also to make many, many tries
very quickly, without a lot of emotional investment in any of them,
till one is right. (then stop!) Well, that is the trouble. How good
is good enough? The last ounce of clarity, if such there be, comes at
a fairly high price in time and effort. On the other hand, if no one
else has tried to do it, the owners are impressed. Luckily my college
doesn't own any of these jewels, so I just have a few in private hands
to deal with.

And yes, the bass isn't the problem.

Susan