venue scheduling software...

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Mon Dec 3 11:54 MST 2001

The Performance Facilities Unit of the WSU College of Fine Arts is looking
for alternatives to the software it currently uses to schedule the various
performance venues on campus.

So far, most of the software seems geared toward hotel-type
conference/convention situations and doesn't really fill the needs of arts
scheduling.

Personally, I'm hoping for the best as I used to be able to pull up the
recital hall schedules in real-time on my computer.  Since they upgraded
(?) to Windows 2000 though, things have gone downhill in a hurry and I've
had to make do with printed schedules, issued each Monday and pretty much
useless by the weekend.

Do any of you know what software your school uses for this purpose and how
well they like it (and does it give you real-time access to the schedules
too?)??

Any thoughts along this line would be helpful__________ I'd like to steer
our people toward something with some kind of a track record in the arts field.

Thanks!

Regards,

Alan Crane, RPT
School of Music