Faust Harrison pianos

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Mon Dec 3 17:51 MST 2001

Hi, Greg and list -

I've visited their shop in Dobbs Ferry, just north of NYC.  It's a huge space
in an upper floor of an old industrial factory building.  There are quite a
few employees (15 or more?) and they do quite impressive woodworking and
finishing.  My visit there was brief, about three years ago, shortly after
they had moved to that location. I'm not prepared to comment on other aspects
of their work.  The plant manager (Josh, I believe) is the 30-something son
of the owners who have an upscale piano store in Manhattan.  He spent some
time with me and I was impressed with his thorough knowledge of the business,
especially The Business, meaning economic aspects.

             -     Tom McNeil     -
Vermont Piano Restorations

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too dark
to read."
   -   Groucho Marx