venue scheduling software...

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Tue Dec 4 08:46 MST 2001

Alan,
Here at Miami U., we use Meeting Maker to schedule the recital hall,
classrooms, and various other venues.  It seems to work well,
although I don't have to deal with the technical side of the software
(i.e. updates, etc.).  I have read-only privileges (real-time, as far
as I know) for the classrooms and recital hall, as well as a few
studios that are shared by multiple professors.

Respectfully,
Jon

>The Performance Facilities Unit of the WSU College of Fine Arts is
>looking for alternatives to the software it currently uses to
>schedule the various performance venues on campus.
>
>So far, most of the software seems geared toward hotel-type
>conference/convention situations and doesn't really fill the needs
>of arts scheduling.
>
>Personally, I'm hoping for the best as I used to be able to pull up
>the recital hall schedules in real-time on my computer.  Since they
>upgraded (?) to Windows 2000 though, things have gone downhill in a
>hurry and I've had to make do with printed schedules, issued each
>Monday and pretty much useless by the weekend.
>
>Do any of you know what software your school uses for this purpose
>and how well they like it (and does it give you real-time access to
>the schedules too?)??
>
>Any thoughts along this line would be helpful__________ I'd like to
>steer our people toward something with some kind of a track record
>in the arts field.
>
>Thanks!
>

>Regards,
>
>Alan Crane, RPT