replace/rebuild

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Tue Dec 4 17:16 MST 2001

Wim,

At Northern Illinois University nearly all of our S&S come from the late 60's
- early 70's.  For the past 10 years or so David Graham has been replacing
the actions, we are starting on another set of hammers on some of the earlier
jobs.  For the past 4 years I have been restringing and replacing the
underlever systems with the Renner kit.  For the most part these pinblocks
are holding up fairly well, a couple have some moderately loose tuning pins
even after going up to 4/0 but I expect I should be able to nurse them along
until funds are available for new blocks.

The cost of new is certainly greater than to work we do in our case so its a
fairly easy decision.

BTW the concert instruments have all been rebuilt within the past few years.

Andrew Remillard