Maintenance Schedule, Access database

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon Feb 5 16:09 MST 2001

To Scott and Dan, thanks for the additional information and
pointers.

To John, I'm rusty, but otherwise familiar with MS-Access routines,
including the difference in field lengths versus notes. However, I
would be interested in your (or anyone elses) schema for tracking
institutional pianos. An empty Access database would be great,
but just a listing of the various databases/fields/links would prevent
my re-inventing the wheel from scratch!

Thanks for any consideration in this area!

Jim Harvey

> Scott,
>
> I have done something similar with a MS Access database for this
> purpose. It resides on the university network where anyone who has the
> "rights" can view  it, but only one secretary and I can add to or change
> it. It sounds like you may have some nice features that I don't, and
> maybe vice versa.
>
> Mine has three Tables: Pianos, Service Dates & Info, and Technicians.
> With this set up, you can define a time period and see (among other
> things):
> 1) All the work done by any one technician
> 2) All the work done to any one piano
> 3) All the work done to all pianos by anyone
>
> For Jim, text fields are limited to 256 characters, but memo fields are
> pretty much unlimited.
>
> I would like to see what you have done, and would be glad to share my
> set up with anyone.
>
> John Baird
> Millikin University
> Decatur, Illinois

Jim Harvey
harvey@greenwood.net
Greenwood (n): the largest city in South Carolina WITHOUT an Interstate