Angela Hewitt

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri Feb 16 08:39 MST 2001

Hi Gina,

Just thought I'd give a belated report on Angela's concert here.

>She was
>gracious, knew exactly what she needed the instrument to do. Her only
>request was an almost imperceptible voicing on two notes but necessary to
>her for her interpretation of the piece.

My experience also. Once I solved the trill and repetition problems she
was having (with help from Horace and others, BTW) and did a fair amount
of voicing, she seemed to be extremely happy. I did the above before her
last rehearsal and the only other thing she asked was a little more
voicing on a couple of notes.

>Frankly she was one of the most
>enjoyable and talented performers I've worked with in the last 10 years.
>Makes up for a lot of the lesser enjoyable "artists" with whom I've had the
>"pleasure." :-)

With a few exceptions (Stephen Hough, Freddie Chiu and a couple of others),
I tend to agree. The concert was wonderful and when I heard the Ravel
"Miroirs", I understood why she was wanting the fast repetition on a couple
of notes. Boy, in the concert, the fast repetition sounded like a machine
gun!

BTW Gina, Chris said to say hi to you. He definitely remembered you.

Avery