storage shed help

Alan Crane crane@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Fri Feb 16 19:06 MST 2001

Might I suggest that the "padded, carpeted bump rail" would be better
located just *below* lid height?

It seems to me that this would lessen stress to the lid hinges, as well as
providing a larger contact area with the bump-rails which would reduce the
impact pressure-per-unit-of-area substantially (as opposed to the small
surface-area of the lid edges).

Of course, the bump-rail on the keyboard end probably needs to be located
at keybed (not keyslip) height.

Also, I'm assuming that the piano cover is in place to afford some finish
protection when the bump-rails are "contacted."

At 08:35 PM 2/16/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>    My dream storage for the stage pianos?  First,  that the storage
>compartment stay at the same temp and humidity as the recital hall.  Second,
>that it have a padded, carpeted bump rail, at lid height,  ALL the way around
>the inside.
>   Third, that it never be used for storing other things, like "just a couple"
>of music stands, etc.
>Good luck,
>Ed Foote
>Am there, doing that......