Angela Hewitt

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 22 10:43 MST 2001

Lawrence, I worked with her last season and found her very nice to work
with. My impression, based on her choice between our two pianos, is that
she prefers a lighter action and a tone that's bright and transparent. The
program included the Beethoven Eroica Variations and Bach's Goldberg
Variations.

Steve

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Lawrence Becker wrote:

> All-
>
> Ms. Hewitt will be playing a concert here in Cincinnati this Sunday 2/25 as
> part of the Xavier Piano Series.  She is scheduled to play Capriccio in Bb,
> BWV 992 & Toccata in Cmin, BWV 911 by Bach, Variations & Fugue in Eb, Op.35
> by Beethoven, Ravel's Miroirs, and a Fantasia from Annees de Pelerinage II,
> No. 7 by Liszt.
>
> For those of you who have prepared pianos for her, any advice?  Sounds like
> evenness of voicing is high on her list.  Also, though I will probably keep
> the piano in ET, I would like to hear suggestions as to what may be a
> suitable temperament for such a program.  Ed?  Others?
>
> Lawrence
>
> Lawrence Becker, RPT
> Piano Technician
> University of Cincinnati
> College-Conservatory of Music

Steve Brady, RPT
Head Piano Technician, University of Washington
Editor Emeritus, Piano Technicians Journal