Teflon Reamers (# of flutes)

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Nov 5 10:24 MST 2001

--- You wrote:
When I bought some Johnson Carbide was the supplier, and I was told they
supplied Steinway.  That was ten years ago.

It is important to get reamers with enought cutting flutes.  It is possible
to buy two-fluted reamers, but you need more than two cutting edges to obtain
a clean round cut by hand.
--- end of quote ---

The reamers from MSC Industrial Supply have four flutes. They are $10 each,
compared to Pianotek's $20. You can order them in increments of 0.0005". That
is, you can get 0.049, 0.0495, 0.050", etc.

The item description is:"HSS special decimal size straight flute chucking
reamers".

Phone for MSC: 800-645-7270.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College