It IS a full time job

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed Nov 14 13:17 MST 2001

> First to Newton, with all due respect, this is not kind of advice
> that is either proactive or beneficial to the common goals of
> this forum.

Brent, you have not been around long enough to know what happened to me,
why, and what I might have been able to do about it.

If I had known then what I just advised Wim and all on this list, I
would likely still be employed and not permanently disabled and unable
to work.  I may well have been still married.

I DO know what I am speaking of and "with all due respect" you need to
pull in your horns and allow those of us who have been around the horn
to inform the others of the pitfalls they may well face.

We work(ed) in a different milieu than most technicians.  Pianotech was
originally started, from my idea, to serve the unique needs of those in
the CAU environment.

Politics can screw people out of their jobs for the very reasons I
mentioned, and many more.  I want people to KEEP their jobs, you
included, and if I can put up a warning sign I will.

You appear secure in your position, well so did I for a very long time,
then the chair changed from a pianist to a clarinetist who knew only how
to say yes to the dean.  The rest I will not go into but suffice it to
say I got screwed.  And royally.

Have a look at what you wrote and think about how you would feel
receiving the same.

People, we are here to help each other and if there is any way that I
can help I will if only to point out the errors of my ways. :)

		Newton