Question

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue Oct 2 08:27 MDT 2001

<<A quick question. Do you think an app. 90 year old
(the customer said) Cable & Sons that I could get
for free would be worth my while to get for myself
to use and restore it little by little? >>

Hmm,  I don't know if it would be worth it or not, but it will probably
depend on the size.  If it is one of those 4'6" grands, probably not worth
the hauling bill. If it was larger, you might have a chance at a decent
piano.  It WILL need rescaling, and it is possible that you will never find
replacement parts like shanks and whippens for it, so consider what time it
will take to rebush, re-knuckle, repin, etc.
Good luck,
Ed Foote