Hello Excel sheet question

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 25 16:40 MDT 2001

Hello,

I am a French piano Tuner & technician, and just put me on the CAUT list,
because I may take care of 30 pianos in a conservatory  (Paris).
As a new direction is just jumping in now, we will try to setup routine
maintenance and tunings.
I am about to make a document with a description of the state of the
instruments, and the repair needed.

Beside, I've find the CAUT new workload formula very interesting, downloaded
the Excel version, and then I try to use it to input data. I wish I could
give that to my customers, so they will have a good tool for decisions.

I have 2 problems :

The computation does not seem to work at all, but the number of pianos (the
only cell changing) in the Excel Worksheet I just downloaded.

I'd like to change the presentation of the worksheet, but it is locked and
ask a password.
Could D. Porrit allow me to unlock this work, and may be modify it.
If yes I would be very grateful.

Then actually I can't understand exactly what is the "recommended workload"
meaning . I wish I could give clear explanations to my customers, and by now
I just can't (but I will read again the original text, as I have read it
some years before)

Do some of you have a simple model in Excel (or a Database) format for
planning the tunings schedule, repairs and regulation, (and of course keep
information about it) I am not so good at programming, even Excel, and could
possibly use something existent.

Thanks in advance for your help.

With kind Regards.

Isaac OLEG