fortepiano

Leif Olsen leifo@image.dk
Sun Oct 28 15:17 MST 2001

Hej Ken

On 27-Oct-01, Ken Eschete wrote:

> Rick,
> The price of $5,000 for a mid-19th C. grand in not-so-perfect
> condition sounds about right.  (Still, the value of an object is
> determined by what someone is willing to pay for it!)

In Europe it would be only a symbolic price worth before restauration....

> The modern usage of the English term "fortepiano" usually implies an
> all wooden frame instrument.

Italian term I suppose and the "opposite" to cembalo (with only one
volume level/register) the forrunner to piano which also in Denmark is the official name
although the civil people call it "klaver" and the german "klavier"

The instrument with all wooden frame we call outdated :-)

Regards

--
Pianoshop Leif Olsen

Member Of D.P.I.F. Denmark