Accu hitch pins

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 9 18:01 MDT 2002

Hi David,
               The roller pins come out quite  easily,  Just squeeze them
with a little, with vice grips and they will twist out.   The pins should
be available from one of your local machine supply companies, or a large
auto supply company,  Save lots on time, shipping, and cost.
To install the new ones, Squeeze and insert with slit to the rear.  Once
started, tap with a small hammer to get the elevation right.  I cut a
little block of maple to the right thickness, to use as a template, so I
don't hammer them in too far.

Hope this helps.
Roger

At 05:34 PM 8/9/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Baldwin has a booklet with technical information about restringing a piano
>with accu-just hitch pins.  Right now it is very difficult to get through
>to Baldwin Technical Service Department, so good luck on getting that
>information.  Your best bet is someone on the list who can send you a copy
>of the booklet.  Best Wishes!
>
>I have a question of my own.  I am submitting a bid for restringing a 1966
>SF-10 for a dealer.  The piano was in Florida before, so the tuning pins
>and strings are extremely rusty.   However, the soundboard and bridges
>look very nice.  The Accu-just hitch pins have some rust.  Is it possible
>to clean up the rust on these?  Or is it necessary to replace the
>accu-just hitch pins?  And, how hard is it to replace them?
>
>Thanks!
>
>David Vanderhoofven
>Joplin, MO
>

>At 08:41 PM 8/8/02, you wrote:
>>Dear list,
>>
>>I am about to restring a Baldwin SD with accu hitch pins. Can some kind soul
>>give me info on how to do this?
>>
>>Ray
>>
>>Ray Breakall
>>Piano Technician