Accu hitch pins

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Fri Aug 9 16:39 MDT 2002

Baldwin has a booklet with technical information about restringing a piano
with accu-just hitch pins.  Right now it is very difficult to get through
to Baldwin Technical Service Department, so good luck on getting that
information.  Your best bet is someone on the list who can send you a copy
of the booklet.  Best Wishes!

I have a question of my own.  I am submitting a bid for restringing a 1966
SF-10 for a dealer.  The piano was in Florida before, so the tuning pins
and strings are extremely rusty.   However, the soundboard and bridges look
very nice.  The Accu-just hitch pins have some rust.  Is it possible to
clean up the rust on these?  Or is it necessary to replace the accu-just
hitch pins?  And, how hard is it to replace them?

Thanks!

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO