jack hitting h.flange

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Aug 19 09:10 MDT 2002

I regulated a B Friday, and now there are about 3 or 4 notes in the octave
just above the break where the jack is hitting the hammer flange on a hard
blow.  Upon close inspection, when I bring the wippen up, I can make the top
of the jack touch the bottom of the hammer flange on some of the notes, but
not on others. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing it. What makes the
jack stop it's upward motion when the wippen is pushed up?

Wim