jack hitting h.flange

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon Aug 19 09:41 MDT 2002

Can't answer your specific question, but I've certainly noticed the
problem - also on a D. First time it was a very problematic knock/click
to find. The solution is to reduce aftertouch, and have firm front rail
felts. Why are they not consistent, note to note? I guess it's a matter
of tiny inconsistencies in things like tilt of flanges on the rail,
small twists of wood grain, and the like.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico