jack hitting h.flange

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Aug 19 14:48 MDT 2002

In a message dated 8/19/02 1:06:42 PM Central Daylight Time, fssturm@unm.edu
writes:

> Rather than put punchings on each front pin, I use a little wooden
> aftertouch gauge. You can make one from a piece of wood like the ones
> Renner uses to ship shanks. Cut a slit in the end to fit a pin with a
> bit of slop. Reduce the thickness to 0.050" on a disc sander or the
> like. Cut a bit from each side, back about an inch to clear natural
> front pins when measuring sharps.

I use this gauge for the sharps.

Thanks to all of you who answered my question so quickly. I wound up reducing
the dip on the offending notes. On some I had to reduce it by as much as
.030, but not enough to feel much difference in after touch.

BTW, Fred, I mentioned your recommendation, but I don't think you want to
hear the answer. :)

Wim