wrong gauge. was Re: jack hitting h.flange

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Aug 19 14:52 MDT 2002

In a message dated 8/19/02 2:02:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
BobDavis88@aol.com writes:

> I use a little wooden
> >  aftertouch gauge. You can make one from a piece of wood like the ones
> >  Renner uses to ship shanks. Cut a slit in the end to fit a pin with a
> >  bit of slop. Reduce the thickness to 0.050" on a disc sander or the
> >  like

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were doing. My gauge is a little less than
3/8" thick, and I slip that under my sharps to measure dip. If the sharp
raises, I take a punching out. If, with the gauge under the sharp, I can feel
some play, I add what ever is needed.

Wim