Damaged Piano

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu Aug 22 10:30 MDT 2002

Jeff,

At 11:21 8/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>List,
>I found out this morning that one of our Baldwin L's has been damaged over
>This is my first such experience.  I would appreciate some advice from
>those of you who have experienced this, particularly in the CAUT situation.

The piano is toast.  Let it dry out for a year and watch what opens
up!  With luck you have replacement value with your insurance, but if, as
is the case with many schools, you are self-insured, ,too bad ...
replacement comes out of your budget ;-{

>Get outside quotes?  Call Baldwin for assessment?  Can I simply dry out the
>action with my hair dryer?

water puddling in pin area??  Toast!

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

***If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",