damaged piano

Ron Koval rontuner@hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:56 MDT 2002

Ouch!

Any idea how long the water has been there?  I'd avoid heat at this time and
get a room dehumidifier running with a box fan to stir things up.  Best to
remove the action, stack and all the keys to dry things quicker and reduce
the mold growth, if it hasn't started already.  I've gotten a few working
this way, when there was no insurance, and that's all they wanted to do.
You may have to mess with the keysticks some, if they warp, re-regulate,
replace punchings if needed.

Ron Koval
Concordia University, IL