Now What?

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Sun Aug 25 18:21 MDT 2002

I have been working recently on a 1895 Kranich and Bach upright with double
flanges connecting the hammer butt and the damper lever.  The screw holding
the flange in place has a brass washer that makes about three complete
spirals.  When the screw is tightened,  it will be a very long time before
it comes loose because of the washer being compressed.  I think it is a
good idea.  The lock washer, that is, NOT the double flange!

David Vanderhoofven